Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fairy Land Expansion

I was feeling creative this morning before I left for an appointment with my dear friend Florence (Essence of the Past)

I have a fondness for designing in clay and my fairy doors needed something extra special to make them stand out. I worked up a few little fairy stepping stones and even a door mat. The door is my own design too! If you want to make your own fairy doors visit my website and check out my selection of molds that are super easy to use and aff
ordable!

Fairy doors are hugely popular in Great Brittan.
They are magical little doors that can only be opened by your imagination.

The lore says if you place one (or more) in the garden the fairies will come. You will need to tip-toe lightly as they tend to hide under leaves and in shady places. Then you just sit back and enjoy the magic you created. How cool is that?

I became addicted to fairy doors back in 2005 when I saw my very first one. From that day on I started designing my own. They are everywhere in my garden and yard (among lots of other handmade things).

Last summer I gave one to a friend as a gift and her little granddaughter who was about 4 at the time saw it and knew it was a fairy door.

Remember: Fairies Rock!








1 comment:

Florence said...

Jan those are very cool. I love how you have told the story about the fairy door. Some say that you can't see the fairies, but I know you can feel their presence. I have had them show up in photos so I do know they are there in the gardens. Florence